' Packet = Picked Up! | Adventures with FitNyx

Friday, August 29, 2014

Packet = Picked Up!

Made my way down to the good ol' South Loop tonight to pick up my packet Sunday's race.  It felt good to be "back home", as the pick up location was just down the street from my first two Chicago apartments.  While I love my quaint little house in the 'burbs, I do sometimes miss the bustle and energy that surrounded my old neighborhood.

Packet pick up was located at Fleet Feet Sports' home in the Roosevelt Collection shopping center, and they definitely used the prime location to set the stage for a very nice little Fitness Meets Fashion outdoor market.  They had a couple sponsors present, a couple athletic clothing vendors, even a balloon-tying clown on stilts!  I finally got to pick up some Fellow Flowers gear - I've been dying to get my hands on a Fierce dark pink flower shirt, and I was also able to grab one of my favorite inspirational quotes on a big magnet.

They lucked out with weather as beautiful as the view!

And of course, I snagged my race packet!  The performance tank top is pretty nice, though a little more pale than I'd anticipated!  The colors printed on it don't really stand out in the very middling grey color of the background.  A much darker or much lighter grey would be perfect.  But then again, it's a free, high-quality tank top, so really, who am I to complain?  The race packet also included a little "passport to the Mag Mile" with a miniature guide to the area.  I was actually really surprised and impressed by this genius idea, so big points to the organizers!

What's that in the corner?  A second race bib?!  But for who...

So I guess the next step is to reserve me some parking (using SpotHero, of course) and eat me some carbs tomorrow!  With packet in hand, it already feels like race day - I'm so excited!

***UPDATE: I found out after the race that the tank top, originally advertised as a UPF material, was switched in the final days before the race.  This explains why it seemed lower quality to me - it actually was lower quality than advertised.  Also, there were supposed to be slightly different designs for the two race distances, but they were condensed into one.  I didn't pay for it (this was a free entry for me) but it's a shame they couldn't provide what was advertised.***

No comments:

Post a Comment