' Runner's Wishlist #1: Blerchandise | Adventures with FitNyx

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Runner's Wishlist #1: Blerchandise

The more involved I get with the fitness world, the more I realize I'm missing - especially when it comes to gear and gadgets!  Don't get me wrong, I have LOTS of stuff (and if you ask my husband, I already have way too much), but by golly I want more!  And who doesn't?

So I'm starting a new "series" here on the good ol' blog to spotlight some of the cool stuff out there in the fitness market that I want to add to my collection.  Maybe it'll help y'all think of some good gift ideas for the runners in YOUR lives!

Today's wishlist item is actually a bundle of stuff from The Oatmeal.  If you're not an Oatmeal fan, you're missing out: what started as a few simple ideas has actually blown up into one of the most popular webcomics on the internet - and the writer happens to be an avid runner.  His series of posts about "The Blerch" have spawned a nationwide (let's be honest, it's probably worldwide) following of runners who are staying active for their health.


I just found out today that The Oatmeal is now running a Beat the Blerch race in Washington, and providing the option to run a virtual race as well.  The virtual race kit is full of cool Blerch gear, including a Blerch shirt, medal, bib, magnet, stress ball, stickers, and more!  Sadly, the event is this weekend, which means that I'm WAY too late to sign up for the event and get all the awesome Blerchandise swag.

It also means I can put Blerchandise on my wish list for future stuff.   So... it's on the list.  If you know someone out there who has chosen to take up endurance sports to help get in shape and/or stay healthy, Blerchandise can be the perfect gift, both motivational and fun!

Do you run to beat the Blerch?

What kinds of gifts would you love in your fitness career/hobby?


3 comments:

  1. hahaha, I remember reading that comic on The Oatmeal. :D I love his work!

    I think my favorite guilty pleasure when it comes to anything work-out-related = cute workout clothes. *-* Top o' my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I'm *addicted* to cute workout clothes. Why are they so expensive though?! I stock up at TJ Maxx or Marshals at the end of the season, but it's never enough!

      Delete
  2. I am looking for the best gift for runners my girlfriend is a runner she loves running a lot. I am going to gift her a pace band.

    ReplyDelete