With some of the major life happenings I have on the horizon, staying accountable is likely going to be more difficult for me than ever. In the interest of creating better habits and forging a new level of accountability in my personal life here are some things I'm going to try to keep myself on track in the coming weeks and months:
- Create shorter term goals for myself to break up larger goals into more manageable pieces.
- Post more of my personal goals on the blog through the Weekly Chase linkup.
- Create to-do lists - and make sure I'm actually checking things off in a reasonable time span.
- Schedule time to tackle projects that have gotten behind or need specific focus.
- Keep calendars of due dates or planned deadlines.
- Dedicate space to certain types of tasks, such as office space to blogging and work.
- Maintain better levels of organization, both at home and at work.
- Determine some sort of self-reward system for accomplishing daunting tasks.
I'm not 100% sure any or all of these things will actually help, but I'm trying what I can think to try and we'll see how it goes! I am, of course, open to suggestion for better ways to establish accountability measure in daily life, so if you've tried something that has worked wonders in your life, there's a comment form at the bottom of the page with YOUR name on it!
Do you struggle with accountability? What helps you stay on track?