' Blog Challenge Day 18: My Collections | Adventures with FitNyx

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 18: My Collections

Oh man, I'm a borderline hoarder, so this post could potentially go on for days...  Instead of talking about some of my weirder collections, I'll go with some of the cooler ones that make for interesting reading and not just awkward shame.

Dragons

This is a big one!  I probably have several hundred dragon items: figurines, posters, books, pens, shirts, lamps, bowls, incense burners, you name it.  My love of dragons came out of my interest in folklore and mythology, and spun wildly out of control!  I have some really awesome pieces in my collection, but sadly there is not enough space to display even a fraction of the whole spread anywhere in my home.  I'll figure it out sometime!

Just one of MANY.

Star Wars

My collection of Star Wars toys, books, and memorabilia is pretty impressive, considering I cultivated it when I was very young.  I am proud to say my collection is pure, too - completely dedicated to the original trilogy and the original expanded universe, long before those atrocious prequels.  Much like my dragons, there's really no room to display my items (not to mention display is sometimes dangerous for some of my more valuable pieces), so the entire set is packed away neatly and safely in my parents' attic until the day comes when I can reclaim everything.

Nope, not mine.  But close.

Crafting Stuff

I'm not sure this really counts as a collection - more like specified, semi-organized hoarding.  But it is one collection I DO have space to display!  In fact, one of the requirements while we were home-shopping was an extra room to serve as a craft studio.  It's a perpetual mess, but it's my sanctuary!

*drool...*

I have many more "collections" I could share, but that's probably enough for now...


On a different note...  Tomorrow's challenge topic is "a difficult time in my life."

Honestly, I'm going to skip this one.

It's not that I don't have something to share.  Quite to the contrary.  I'm just not sure I'm ready to share some of those details in this forum yet.  I've had a lot of little difficulties (doesn't everyone?) but I had a particular period of my life that definitely takes the cake.  Someday, I will find a way to approach that discussion, but I want to be sure I can do it properly and with care.

So instead, I'll post that long-overdue race recap of last week's Hot Chocolate 15k!  YAY FULFILLING PROMISES!


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for a fellow hoarder! (No shame! <3!) I have a ton of stuff packed away at my parents' place as well. :x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's obscene how much STUFF a person can accumulate as a child! I took a van-load from my parents' basement last year, twelve of those massive plastic storage totes - and it barely made a dent :x

      Delete