' MRM Driven Pre-Workout Review | Adventures with FitNyx

Sunday, January 31, 2016

MRM Driven Pre-Workout Review

Pre-workout supplements are a little tricky for me.  I have a caffeine sensitivity and generally try to avoid it, but sometimes I know my upcoming gym schedule is going to be TOUGH!  Pre-workouts provide extra energy and often contain additional ingredients to aid in muscle recovery or muscle gain, allowing me to get more out of my workout than I would normally.  Some of the pre-workouts I've tried have left me intensely jittery and had other less-than-desirable side effects, so I'm still on the hunt for a pre-workout that works for ME.



I chose MRM Driven over other supplements because it is all-natural AND contains creatine.  Other artificial pre-workouts had me going crazy and getting paranoid, thanks to the synthetic sources of caffeine.  Driven does not give me the same overly tense effects.  I still get an energy boost, and often find it difficult to sleep if I work out in the evening, but I definitely do not suffer from the same intense caffeine side effects of other products.  Occasionally I have itchy skin or mild nausea, but this seems to be linked to the foods I've consumed on those particular days - when I eat healthier during the day, I have fewer side effects. 



The flavor of the mixed berries is okay, but not great, and the powder does not dissolve very well, leaving a dry grittiness to the texture.  I've seen reviews for their other flavor (strawberry kiwi) and it sounds like maybe that's the better flavor choice for this particular supplement.  Overall, though, I found MRM Driven to be drinkable and effective, especially on days when I teach back to back strength and endurance classes and NEED to show up with my A-game and plenty of energy!

Do you take pre-workout?  What's your go-to brand?  Do you have problems with the caffeine content?

2 comments:

  1. (Krystal) I rarely use pre-workout products, but if I did, I would want one without all of the synthetics like this one. (I did try a creatine product years ago and it did put some extra power into my workout, so this would be good for someone looking for that as it's not full of all the synthetics that a lot of others have)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will
    remember to bookmark your blog and will often come
    back someday. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great writing, have a nice morning!

    ReplyDelete