' 2014 Year in Review: Blogging | Adventures with FitNyx

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Year in Review: Blogging

Whew!  What a whirlwind this year has been - four jobs, in four different areas; twenty races; two major licensing workshops; and TONS of cool events and classes!  And of course, in the middle of it all, this humble blog, which started in early August, thrived through September and October, then got caught up in the many life decisions and changes I had to make throughout the last couple months of the year.  I have promised myself I would make blogging a greater priority in 2015, and that is still the plan, but let's take a look at what I've accomplished in 2014 first!

Posts this year: 100!!

Race Recaps: 13

Event Recaps: 6

Product Reviews: 4

Giveaways: 5

Blog Affiliations: 5

Most-viewed post: MESTRENGTH Product Review and Giveaway

My favorite post: Magnificent Mile Half Marathon Race Recap

Hardest post to write: Pro Compression Product Review

What I'm most proud of on the blog: The fact that I stuck with it, even if there were rough patches or times I didn't write as often as I'd liked.  I've started blogs before but they never last more than a couple days; this one is four months and counting!  It runs parallel with my new-found love of racing: I'm learning how to make a commitment to something that really matters to me.

What I'd like to work on in the new year: Posting more regularly.  I've had a lot of excuses in 2014, and I know the start of 2015 will be a little rocky too (until we get the puppy better trained), and I want to start *making* the time to write, not just *finding* the time.  That's an important distinction to me, and as I start to prioritize this wonderful new "personal time" I finally have, blogging will be taking a huge leap forward in the list.

Thank you all for reading, for commenting, for pushing me, and for inspiring me!  It's been a fun ride so far, and I can't wait to keep moving forward with y'all in the new year!  Be safe tonight, see you next year!

1 comment: