' Launching my own personal ROCKtober! | Adventures with FitNyx

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Launching my own personal ROCKtober!

September started with so much promise.  ClassPass made it to Chicago, I found a new studio at which to teach Zumba, my new job was finally settling a bit, and I was blogging on all cylinders.

Then, things got a little crazy.

Work kicked it up a notch, which sent shockwaves through the rest of my life.  I was suddenly devoting so much time to getting the job done that I only had "me time" on weekends - which quickly filled with all the things I hadn't had a chance to do during the week.  I was constantly stressed and exhausted.  Even though it was only a two-week time span, I felt like I was running full-tilt for months with how much was happening.

At least hell has more predictable weather than Chicago...

On one hand, it's incredibly exciting to be a part of a company that is rapidly expanding and making a huge impact.  There is so much promise for the future, and there's a lot of gratification and satisfaction to be found in being a key part of so great a team.  On the other hand - crazy is crazy, and finding a balance is always preferable.

With that in mind, I've decided to make this next month ROCK.  Work is always going to be crazy, but it's time to kick it up a notch and take more control.  My personal life, especially my husband and my fitness, are too important for me to allow them to be swept aside lightly.  Finding a balance is difficult but essential to happiness.  I need to be as actively involved in my personal life as I am in my work life (if not more) and I'm not going to compromise any further.  I'm dedicating myself NOW to one month of rocking it out everywhere: at home, at the gym or studio, and at work.

Yes there is, Bart.  And I'm gonna live it.

I'm already poised to start the month off right: an early morning yoga class on my way to work today set the tone for my commitment, and thanks to ClassPass (which I finally got to start using in earnest this month) I have a great upcoming fitness schedule.  My husband and I are planning to start hosting game parties again, an activity we have been sorely missing this year.  And work?  Well, work will be there every day, pushing me to my limits in many ways - but now I'm ready for it.  Bring it on.



Apparently ROCKTOBER is an Activision trademark from back when they released some Guitar Hero DLC.  Obviously I am not trying to advertise or brand anything with this word, so although I think "rock + October = Rocktober" should pretty much be a no-brainer, I am going to err on the side of caution and give due acknowledgement to the trademark usage.  So, there's my disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment