' Be a Hero! | Adventures with FitNyx

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Be a Hero!

This time next week, I'll be taking on the Epic Fail Challenge 5k with my office team.  It's a crazy, silly, largely inflatable obstacle course race taking place at Soldier Field, and we can't wait to tackle the fun!

Now, I've participated in quite a few race events so far this year, and I have at least as many more scheduled for the next couple months, and all of them have had some element of charity involved - but I am not one to go around pestering people for money every time I do a race.  In this case, however, I am inclined to put the request out there, for several reasons.

The Epic Fail Challenge partners with St Jude Children's Research Hospital, a foundation that helps families of children with cancer handle the expenses that come with the burden of the disease, while also funding top-notch research into how we can better treat children with cancer.  St Jude's is an amazing charity that has been doing amazing things for decades.  The St Jude Heroes program channels all donations directly to the organization, with no middle men or suspicious donation trails, and you can be sure your money will be going straight to families and children in need.  If you can spare a few dollars, you can make a difference.


I am very selective about the charities I promote, because I will only donate to a fund that I have 100% faith will use their resources to the best of their abilities.  St Jude's has proven year after year to be a charity that can be counted on to do the right thing, and I am proud to be a St Jude Hero.  I encourage you to join me, and St Jude's, in making the world a better place, one child at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment