' Brick Built Women's Lifting Gloves Product Review | Adventures with FitNyx

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Brick Built Women's Lifting Gloves Product Review

Ever since I started boxing, I've been focusing much more on strength training - a.k.a, weightlifting.  Some of you may have noticed that the vast majority of my "things" are pretty heavily cardio-based, and there's a reason for that: I have always been intimidated by weightlifting.  Even back in college when my teams had mandatory weight training days, I always managed to do the bare minimum and squeak out early.  And honestly, I don't think I could actually explain what my aversion was.  Probably something like "but it's haaaaaard!"  Ugh.

weight lifting dumbbells e-card training body building

I am very proud to say I have started to overcome that admittedly pathetic excuse and am slowly building up my weightlifting routine.  My lifts are light for now, but I'm focusing on form, technique, and a well-rounded program to ensure I build the proper base.  As I started to get more serious about my gym time, I realized (as always) having proper gear might be a great asset in keeping myself safe and efficient.  Buffie over at Brick Built stepped up to help me take my game to the next level with a great pair of lifting gloves that haven't missed a gym appearance yet!

Disclaimer: I was provided a pair of training gloves free of charge in exchange for my review.  I have received no additional compensation; all opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are my own.

training gloves weight lifting gym brick built badass foam roller

While the Brick Built training gloves only come in size medium or larger, and I have tiny (let's pretend like they're dainty) hands, I found the fingers to be a very comfortable fit, and the adjustable velcro was sufficient to pull the wrists tight enough to stay secure.  The only indication that my gloves are a size too big is the extra flap of the velcro closure that sticks up off the back of my hands when I pull it tight - but that flap has yet to be in the way of any of my lifts, and I'm more concerned about the functional side than that bit of extra fabric.

The gloves extend up to the first set of knuckles, which is more than enough coverage to protect my palms and the parts of my fingers that grasp the weights.  On the middle two fingers there are flexible tabs extending from the top of the finger hole to extend the protection on the inside of your longer fingers.  The whole grip surface is covered in grippy-bumpies (is there a more technical term for this?) that prevent slippage, while the backside of the gloves have mesh to help manage sweat during the workout.  I found the inside of the gloves to be incredibly comfortable - not at all scratchy or stiff, which had been a worry when I first considered using lifting gloves!  And with the relatively good fit, I have yet to notice any blistering or chapping from my sudden increase in weight lifting action.

weight lifting collage push ups curls bench press gloves training


Overall, I'm so happy I have training gloves for my new workouts!  Wearing my gloves makes me feel more confident in my lifts.  I'm not sure if this is because I trust the extra grip and appreciate keeping my skin intact, or if the confidence is more of a psychological effect.  Strapping on my lifting gloves has become almost a mini-ritual and sends the signal to my body that it's time to work hard.  I've also noticed that I feel more like I belong in the gym, which used to be an intimidating world, when I wear my gloves.  Proper gear has me feeling like a proper gymrat!

brick built logo fitness fashion women accessories workout clothes

These gloves were fabulous for me as a newbie lifter, but they'd be equally excellent for someone more seasoned.  They're simple but effective - and they happen to make great gifts for the weight lifters, Crossfit junkies, and general fitness enthusiasts in your life!  AND, Brick Built has tons of other amazing stuff for the fit females in your life, including an amped-up new line featuring bright, bold prints and hilariously awesome new tops!

What's your favorite gym gear?  Do you lift with or without gloves?  How about handwraps?  What does "gearing up" do for your mental state when you workout?

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the tiny hands (sigh, but at least I can reach through chain-link fences for things?)! I don't typically wear gloves, but those are super cute!

    ReplyDelete