- Saturday, July 25th/Sunday, July 26th: I volunteered to help at the Cleveland Triathlon - and ended up joining the operations team for the entire weekend! From expo, to venue setup, to troubleshooting, to event execution, to venue cleanup, I helped with every aspect of race execution and even showed up on the news while conducting the age group awards ceremony!
Too busy for more than one picture! But such a great experience!
- Saturday, August 1st: I started an amazing job as the starting line announcer for the Dirty Girl mud run by heading out to the Twin Cities in Minnesota! You may recall my race recap from my last weekend in Chicago, when I volunteered at the DG event in Chi-town - well, I made an impression on the staff and they were looking for someone like me to fill a gap on the team, and long story short, I'M HIRED! And let me tell ya, I was made for this job like Chris Tucker was made for his role in The Fifth Element: I'm the starting line announcer, which means I get up in front of every wave, talk about the course, get everyone pumped, lead a little Zumba-esque warmup, count 'em down, and send 'em off! I'm performing all day, which is so much fun, but even better is getting to mingle with the crowd, meet the incredible women who participate, and being responsible for thousands of smiles every event!
Photo courtesy of Gameface Media - LOVE that they snapped
a few of me!
- Saturday, August 8th: Got my second event with DG under my belt in the ever-exciting New York City! In fact, I spent the whole day alongside Citi Field, rockin' my mic and having a blast! Definitely could get used to this travel-and-fun job!
Sunrise over Citi Field - I don't get to see THAT every day!
- Saturday, August 15th: Next weekend I'll be in Milwaukee for the biggest Dirty Girl of the year! We're actually in need of more volunteers, so if you're in the area and want to join us, sign up to volunteer - you'll get to run the race for FREE, plus you'll be instrumental in putting on the same fabulous events we've done everywhere else! At the very least, come out and say HI to me at the starting line!
Keepin' it active at the starting line! It's a party all day!
Photo courtesy of Gameface Media.
- Saturday, August 22nd: Changing gears here a little - MY BROTHER'S WEDDING! Can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for him and his wife-to-be! She's an excellent addition to the family, we all adore her, and the wedding itself is going to be bonkers. Plus, I'll be making my bridesmaid debut in a stunningly gorgeous dress, but I'll save photos until after the event...
- Saturday, August 29th: Back to NY, but Buffalo this time for the last Dirty Girl of the month! Followed by a week-long nap, at the very least!