' Blog Challenge Days 24-28 | Adventures with FitNyx

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Blog Challenge Days 24-28

Catching up after a sun-filled vacation week!  Here goes!

11/24: Favorite Blogs

As with any "favorites" prompt, it's hard to choose.  I honestly don't think I have any "favorite" blogs; I love so many of my fellow bloggers, and everyone puts out some great stuff!  For this prompt, I'm choosing instead to direct y'all to one of the blogs that most inspired me to start my own blogging hobby: SuzLyfe.  Suz is a blogger who always gives it to you straight - she's fearless and honest, and that right there has earned so much of my respect.  She's also a great writer, and always has something interesting to discuss.  Following SuzLyfe earlier this summer inspired me to push myself a little further in my fitness goals, and ultimately gave me the courage to start posting my own writing.  She continues to inspire me to push myself and to BE myself, and I look forward to establishing a stronger bond with her as a peer!

11/25: Old Photo of Me

Okay it's not that old.  But I don't have any
older ones around right now to go waaaaaay back.
Deal with it.

11/26: Note to Someone

Dear Cori,

Thank you for EVERYTHING.  There have been times in my life when I didn't think I was going to make it through - but you were there for me, you stood by me even if you couldn't be there physically, and you kept me going.  The life I have today wouldn't have happened if I didn't have you as my best friend.  I'm so lucky to know you, and I can only hope I've helped you half as much as you have helped me over the years.  I love you like family, and always will, even if we have half the country between us!  Can't wait to see you again, hopefully soon!

<3, ME

11/27: What I Look Forward To

I'm a dreamer, and a very hopeful person, so I'm always looking forward to something.  Right now, I'm looking forward to starting my new job on Monday, which will give me a much better work-life balance so I can continue pursuing my hobbies.  I'm also looking forward to next year, when I turn this year's life progress into a more refined, well-oiled life machine.  I'm looking forward to my next race with my friends, and to the completion of my big crochet project (more on that later).  Tomorrow always brings something new and exciting, and I'm always ready with open arms!  Bring it on!

11/28: Places I've Traveled

Over many years as an athlete, I made it all over the country for tournaments and games...  But usually I only saw the fields and the hotels!  My family often vacationed in either Niagara Falls or Virginia Beach, but the most interesting place I've traveled is easily China.  I was fortunate to spend some time overseas in a study abroad program, and during my trip I was able to visit both major cities and tiny western provincial towns.  Writing about my time in China could easily be a week's worth of posts, so I'll just show y'all a small assortment of pictures, and if you'd like to know more, just ask!

I took about 6000 photos while I was there.  Here's five.


2 comments:

  1. Yay! She's definitely one of my favorite bloggers as well!

    Best of luck to you on your new job! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm super excited to finally have time for myself and my hubby :)

      Delete